GOVERNMENT OF MANIPUR
INDUSTRIAL TRAINING INSTITUTE
1. INTRODUCTION : The Government ITI, Komlathabi, Chandel district having an area of 5.0 acre of land was established in the year 2003 in different 4 (four) trades and another 4 (four) trades were also introduced in the next year i.e. 2004. Now, skill training is given in eight different trades viz – (i) Carpenter (ii) Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (iii) Dress Making (iv) Embroidery & Needle Works (v) Secretariat Practice (vi) Welder (in case of one year course) (vii) Surveyor (viii) Wireman (in case of two year course).
2. OBJECTIVE : The main objectives of establishing ITI in the district are :
(i) To impart both theory and practical in all trades to school drop out youths upto the age of 14 to 40 year as fixed by GoI from time to time.
(ii) To enhance skill of advanced technology in the designated trades.
(iii) To create habitual of self dependent by making ownership of their enterprises in related sector/trade.
(iv) To minimize unemployment problem by acquiring skill person.
3. ENTRY LEVEL : The minimum qualification is VIII standard in some particular trades whereas X passed in other trades. Such qualification is revised by GoI from time to time.
4. INTAKE CAPACITY : The intake capacity as fixed by GoI for all 8 (eight) trades at present is 128.
5. INFRASTRUCTURE : About 65% of total requirements of machineries/equipment and tools is available in the Institute. Due to lack of departmental fund the higher authority unable to issue raw material which is the most important factor in conducting the practical class.
6. FACILITY : Stipend is granted to admitted/exam. appeared trainees @ Rs. 120/month/trainees (as fixed by department) if they attend full working days. In case of absent Rs. 4/day is deducted.
The Institute has separate hostels for boys and girls with 52 bedded and 26 bedded respectively inside the campus. Those hostellier may get Rs. 150/month. However there is no hostellier in both the hostels since its started. There will be no hostel charge and fooding shall be own preparation.
7. OPERATION : Theory and Practical classes being imparting according to the syllabus/curriculum/guideline of NCVT/DGE&T, GoI (now Ministry of Skill Development & Enterprises) and man power is the state subject. The Institute has faculties and subordinate staff since its establishment under the contract engagement with consolidated pay.
New session is started in August every year. All India Trade Test (i.e examination) were held annually till 2013. But, now semester system had been introduced right from 2014 in the month of January and July every year.
8. ACHIEVEMENT : So far, the Institute issued certificates to 728 passed out trainees against 1047 admitted trainees till the year 2015. Out of admitted trainees 94 nos. were not appeared Trade Test and 225 nos. of trainees could not succeed their respective trades.
[Source: Principal, ITI Chandel]